Your app needs to rank high on the App Store or Google Play store so that people can find it. You need analytics, a clear understanding of your target audience and good SEO in order to succeed.
App Store Optimization strategies are the key to ranking mobile apps in App Stores and landing pages. In this blog, we will cover some of the most important tips for achieving success. Read more in detail here: app store optimization strategies.
Mobile applications have been a mystery realm for web marketers for a long time. However, if marketers want to be effective and popular in the marketplace, they must re-educate themselves on how to use mobile applications.
The popularity of smartphone applications has skyrocketed in recent years. Mobile users account for 34% of traffic to the top ten most frequented websites in the United States. Apps, not browsers, account for 72 percent of web activity on mobile devices. The compatibility of a website with mobile devices now influences its Google ranking as of April 21st, 2015.
Popularity is the most crucial metric for a mobile app’s success. The number of times an app is downloaded from its website or an app store is used to calculate it. As a result, a high position for the mobile app’s website in search engine results pages (SERPs) may be an important factor in driving traffic to the app and hence possible downloads.
So, how can you make sure your software is well-received in the app stores? What is your plan of action?
Simple applications have brought in millions of money for individuals and businesses. As a result, there is a need to examine the App market, which seems to be on the verge of a revolution. This is particularly true now that Google has decided to index applications.
App Store Optimization (ASO) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) use a range of techniques to increase the visibility of a mobile app on App Stores, App landing pages, and other platforms such as blogs, review sites, and social media.
13 Important Strategies
There are a number of techniques to rank well in app store searches and landing pages. Ankit Jakin, Google Play’s director of search and discovery, stated in 2013 that the bulk of app installations (downloads) came from user searches inside the Play Store. This implies that in order to score well in app store search results, a successful app must follow best practices.
- Optimisation of keywords. This is one of the easiest SEO methods to apply, and Apple Store users love it. Apple does not need you to come up with a whole sentence to shop there. A comma separated list of keywords will suffice. You should be cautious not to overdo a keyword, however.
Quick Tip: When utilizing a term, it’s critical to do your homework on what keywords your competitors are using. There are a variety of free internet tools available to help you do this activity quickly. Developers should be cautious not to overdo the term on the landing page. Google has a stringent policy against this, and the site may be de-indexed as a result.
The keywords should be included in the title and description of the app. Once again, extensive research should be conducted to identify terms that the competition is utilizing and that create a lot of search traffic. Those are the terms you need to concentrate on.
KEY FACT 1: The top 25 search results for the selected keywords were evaluated in a study conducted by MobileDevHQ. According to the poll, applications with a specified keyword in their titles had a 10.3 percent higher rating than apps without the keyword.
KEY FACT 2: The first 25 characters of an app’s name are the first item that appears in search results, and they should be carefully picked.
KEY FACT 3: In the app’s preview, the first three lines of the description are always shown. They should pique the user’s interest by being succinct while highlighting the app’s capabilities and advantages.
- Users are drawn to applications because of its presentation or asset optimization. Increase click-through rates and persuade casual browsers to download the program by creating a distinctive icon, excellent images, and an educational sample video.
- The ranking of an app is determined by its ratings. The amount of ratings an app has reflects how many times it has been downloaded. The greater an app’s rating, the higher its app store ranking.
KEY FACT 1: According to a sample of data from the MobileDevHQ website, competitive keywords (keywords with a large number of search results) need higher ratings for excellent ranking than “simple” keywords (keywords that result in fewer search results). This sample also reveals that applications with competitive keywords get at least 2.6 stars, compared to 1.8 stars for “easy” keywords, putting them in the top 5. Trademob.Com is the source of this information.
KEY FACT 2: A high-quality software will get higher reviews. Users that are pleased with their experience spread the word and are eager to submit positive ratings and reviews. Reviews are a great method to find faults and improve the overall user experience of an app. The app’s quality and ratings improve as a result of responding to user comments.
KEY FACT 3: Having a well-written rating component inside an app makes it easy for a user to rate it. This raises the app’s overall ranking by raising its ratings and reviews.
- The usage of the app name as a link is a standard SEO approach currently utilized by Apple store applications. This link takes you straight to the Apple store’s app profile page, which Google has now indexed as a page.
- Mentioning the App name in the download link text is another typical SEO tactic that will provide considerable results. Those that fail to do so are committing a serious error. They will most certainly lose a significant amount of organic traffic.
- It is increasingly typical to incorporate a QR code in order to increase traffic to the app’s landing page. This makes finding the app much simpler, resulting in increased app traffic. The URL behind the QR code, on the other hand, must be appropriately compressed. Otherwise, it may result in faulty QR codes that may not operate.
- Having the proper mobile configuration is essential. Websites that are properly configured for mobile devices tend to rank better than those that are not. A adaptable site design, dynamically supplied content, or distinct URLs for desktop and mobile devices are all options.
- On the app’s website, there should be a mobile-friendly label. The presence of a mobile-friendly badge on the app’s website improves the app’s and landing page’s rankings in search engine results, particularly in Google.
- Separate keyword optimization for mobile-friendly and desktop-friendly websites. When searching on a mobile device, 69 percent of terms have a different ranking. Distinct keywords may be used for websites that employ dynamic serving or separate URLs, thus mobile-friendly web pages and desktop web pages might have different keywords.
- Backlinks are used. This generally entails scanning for backlinks utilized by a rival utilizing common tools. You may contact the same sites for backlinks after you’ve determined the backlinks your competitors are employing. Depending on your approach or connection with the site’s proprietors, these sites may refuse or allow your request for backlinks.
- Deep linking and indexing Indexing and deep linking for Android and iOS applications improved the app’s ranking in search results and on Android platforms. It enables search results to include stuff from deep inside an app. Deep links are the moniker given to these types of result items.
KEY FACT 1: For Android users who are logged in, 15% of searches yield deep links in the results, with the amount of deep link clicks increasing tenfold between June and October 2014.
KEY FACT 2: Deep links in search engine results boost engagement among consumers who have previously downloaded an app. They also refer potential customers to the app.
- Bounce Rate Reduction on the Landing Page The amount of time a person spends on a website has a significant impact on how Google indexes it. As a result, just being able to generate a large amount of visitors to the app is insufficient. Any app’s SEO strategy must have a landing page.
How may a landing page’s bounce rate be reduced?
It’s important to come up with some innovative tactics to guarantee that users stay on your app site for at least a few minutes. One method to achieve this is to discuss the issue the app addresses as well as the software’s advantages.
You may also supply visitors with useful data that demonstrates that the solution is real. You may even produce a video demo of the app to ensure that the visitor stays on your site for a long.
Finally, at the bottom of the page, provide a link that takes you straight to the app. These are only a few examples of effective techniques. There are a variety of alternative techniques that may be utilized to guarantee that traffic does not bounce.
- Apps that are localized. While the United States offers a great chance for generating money with applications, there are other regions throughout the globe that are just as profitable. For example, an app that does well in the United States may likewise perform well in Korea. Apple lays out the process of localization in great detail. This enhances the chances of people from various parts of the globe discovering the software.
For a long time, Google has endorsed this popular technique known as geo-targeting. It would include creating a landing page tailored to a certain geographic area. As a result, when people search for anything in their native language on Google, our website is likely to come up first. Localization, also known as geo-targeting, is a smart SEO tactic that every savvy developer should use.
Case studies and statistics
The Kim Kardashian app is a wonderful example of how an app can be very successful. She has amassed a net worth of $200 million USD. This is an example of the possibilities of a well-marketed app. Prior to Google indexing, the app was largely promoted via product placement.
With over a million apps available today, it’s astonishing that only a tiny percentage of them are actually used. In reality, some programs on the Apple store have just a few hundred ratings. The top applications, which number in the hundreds, account for almost all of the traffic. Google’s indexing will undoubtedly elevate some of these applications to the stature they deserve.
A world of distinction
The discoverability of an app may be greatly improved by using the proper method. This necessitates a comprehensive strategy that allows potential users to find an app in a variety of ways and on a variety of platforms.
With over 10 years of experience as a full-time internet marketer, Jeffrey Benson is an online company growth strategist, coach, and conversion expert. I like and take pleasure in assisting entrepreneurs in establishing effective, long-term, and lucrative internet businesses. Over 150 companies have benefited from my assistance in establishing a successful internet presence. Do you want to learn how to make money online quickly? Take my no-cost course.
Insights into Mobile Apps
Get Mobile App Overview and SearchAds Intelligence for free.
The “app store ranking algorithm 2020” is a strategy that was released by Apple in March 2020. The goal of the strategy is to rank apps on app stores and landing pages.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does app store rank apps?
A: This is a tough question. There are many different ways that app stores rank apps, and each way has its own set of strengths and weaknesses
What strategies would you apply for app store optimization?
What influences app store ranking?
A: A lot of the factors that affect app store ranking are based on how strong the developers marketing and reach is. Some other ways to increase your app store rankings include adding new features, updating a game frequently, increasing engagement with players, etc.
- app store optimization strategies 2021
- app store optimization checklist
- why app store optimization is important
- app store optimization cost